We are fully booked.
HELLO INTREPID SAILORS!
The Solvay Schools Alumni Sailing Cup 2020 edition will take place from Friday September 18th till Sunday September 20th in The Netherlands. The Organization Team commits to make this 2020 event an unforgettable and crazy experience for ALL OF YOU!
New this year!
- We will sail on the Oosterschelde, a wonderful and very wide sailing area.
- The boats will be checked-in by at least a crew member on Friday September 18th in Sint-Annaland before the departure and cruise sailing to the event's harbour at Roompot Marina.
As last year...
- A professional Racing Committee will organize and support the racing part of the event.
- The boats will be randomly assigned on July 1st during the Solvay Sailing Cup mid-year drink at the Genval Yacht Club.
- Each team sleeps on their boat on Friday and Saturday night.
- The food package includes every meal as from Friday dinner until Sunday lunch.
- A welcome and networking cocktail will be served on Friday evening.
- A crazy Saturday after sail will include an apero followed by a dinner and a party!
- We will end the event on Sunday afternoon with a closing drink and the results announcement.
PROGRAM OF THE WEEKEND
Please fill in the online form for the registration of your team by clicking on the link here below:
The number of available boats is limited, first registered first served.
The participation fee remains unchanged:
The price is all inclusive (ie Friday welcome drink and on-board dinner, Sat. & Sun. breakfast and lunch, Sat. apero dinner and party, boat rental). Please note the exclusive mandatory boat damage insurance deposit (more information will be provided).
You are entitled to a discount of 20€ if you have paid your 2020 Solvay Schools Alumni membership fee. Invoices can be obtained for the participation fee (add VAT on the global amount), feel free to contact us for further information.
The SSA Sailing Cup is open to all, members or non-members of the Solvay Schools Alumni.
Registrations are fully confirmed upon payment with one single bank transfer for the full team on the Solvay Schools Alumni bank account:
- 2.370€ for 6-team
- 3.160€ for 8-team
- IBAN: BE39 7323 3109 6619 / BIC: CREGBEBB.
Think to mention as communication "Sailing Cup registration" and your team's name. Only full boat registrations are accepted.
Anyway, if you do not have any team, we can include you in a waiting list and we will confirm your registration after confirmation that some teams have availabilities.
In case of bad weather conditions forecasted, the Organization Team has the right to cancel the event or part of it, with no refund even if the cancellation is decided on the day of the event. By registering to this event, participants agree to this.
In case the event takes place, as per the "World Sailing" rules (rule n °4): "The responsibility for a boat's decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone". By registering, the participants agree to comply with all the "World Sailing" racing rules, to follow all instructions given to them by the organizers (including to the extent they deviate from the racing rules) and more in general to do everything possible to preserve their safety and the safety of others. They expressly waive, to the fullest extent admitted by law, any potential liability of the organizers and their representatives. They will have to enter into an insurance policy with the boat rental company, but they need to ensure appropriate personal insurance to cover any other risks.
You are seduced by the program but you have never sailed before? Maybe you think your sailing background is too short? Don’t worry, you are welcome to the event! Of course, you should have a trusty skipper and some experienced mates on board to have a fantastic time. It might actually be your entry point to the fascinating world of sailing! Does your team need a skipper? Just email us, we will do our best to provide you with some information related to experienced skippers (at your own costs).